Saturday 16 July 2011

The Highway of Holiness

You beckon for me to follow
Your stature so strong, full of promise, mature

Your eyes are pure and glowing
Your delights are unsurpassed and full

Like a young *stag with firm purpose
You make known Your desire for me

For a moment I hesitate
For a while I linger in uncertainty...

Was it only the other day when I read the words of the **prophet?
Was it only a fleeting desire of yesterday to trade my reality for Your high places?

My crippled heart rejects the jagged heat of the narrow journey
and my attachment with the familiar cringe at the thought of likely separation...

Yet, You have already armed me with strength
You have already changed my hesitant feet
You have already graced my neck with transparent jewels
that reflect the colors of Your mantle that You placed on me

Why then do I fear to follow?
What more do I need to obey?

My eyes travel to meet Your face
My senses alert to Your call...

It is Your Name I reach for as I turn
It is the fragrance of ***Your ointments that enfold me -
Draw me away!

Oh, show me the cross where You died
Show me again the place where death was denied
Show me again where You forever traded my sorrow
Show me again the path You have for me to follow

Entwine my heart with chords of crimson
Weave my robes with royal perfection
Open my ear to hear the pure sound of Your voice -
*****" you are all fair, my love and there is no spot in you."

With joy and gladness will I run to meet you
With expectancy and certainty I know
That the narrow place ends here
In a magnificent display of prism colors on the highway of holiness


Written by: Yulande Oosthuyzen
July 15, 2011 – Surrey, BC

* Song of Solomon 8 :14
** Habakkuk 3 :19
*** Song of Solomon 1: 3 & 4
**** Song of Solomon 4 : 7 & 11 Corinthians 5 : 21

No comments:

Post a Comment