Monday 25 April 2011

Gems in the dust




People, faces…hurrying, scurrying
Walking, talking…working, wanting

It was a day destined to be different
When I knelt to rest from the burdens on the Way

My back was aching
My heart was lonely
The heat of the day had scorched my brow…
And then I saw it

A small stone with an unusual shape
Was catching the rays of the sunlight
In such a way that it shone brightly

I picked it up – how dirty it was…
With careful strokes I cleaned the dust away – it sparkled
I held it up against the light
And it reflected a glorious lustre – could this be a jewel?

As I contemplated the next steps for my new found treasure,
I straightened my back and looked beyond the horizon
My lonely heart rejoicing –

From deep inside I heard the Master Builder’s Voice
“From such cast away stones I build My House,
For they are but gems in the dust.”




Written by: Yulande Oosthuyzen
1 Peter 2: 4 – 10

No comments:

Post a Comment